I'm about to go to bed, but I can't quite yet because I don't want to forget two things about today.
The first is Sophie. We were talking about her friends. I was asking her who she liked playing with. Every time I'd mention someone, she'd say "no." Finally, I just said, "Who do you like playing with the most?" And she said, "Emmy." Later, when I told Emmy what Sophie said, her response, "Awww. That's so cute!" She was very happy to be loved.
And last, I'm tickled by a fun moment with Emmy. (I should be sure to record these, because she has been a difficult little four-year-old lately). We were sitting at the table eating clementines. She wanted us to both put our fingers in the middle of the clementine so that it looked a little like Jack Horner who pulled out the plum. She thought it would be hilarious if we showed our fingers to Matt and she was certain that he would think something was terribly wrong and insist on a quick trip to the hospital. So we sat there with the little oranges on our fingers, and I started singing a silly song about it to her, and something about my expression made her laugh. And her reaction to me made me laugh. And then, we were both just laughing and laughing. And by laughing, I mean, really truly laughing so hard that I could barely sing the song. Emmy thought it would be great if we could perform it for Matt. We tried unsuccessfully because we were laughing too much. I think Emmy was just so delighted to see me laugh so hard. The whole rest of the night, she'd say, "Mommy, let's do that part where we laugh again."
2 comments:
aw that is adorable! i can't wait to see them and new baby in august!!
That is the best! I love the belly laughing!
Post a Comment