
As my stomach grows bigger and bigger, Emmy becomes increasingly aware her new baby sister on the way. On this particular morning, I woke up to hear her excitedly calling out "Mommy! Mommy!" When I told her I was coming, I heard her shriek with anticipation and as I set foot in her room, she said, "Mommy! Look! Baby in the tummy!"
On another occasion, we were talking about the baby in my tummy and she took hold of my stomach and said, "get it out" - and "open it!"
The other day we were driving in the car and she asked, "New sister in Emmy's lap?" and then "Emmy and new sister in the bath?"
So the wheels are turning in her adorable little head. She's trying to put it all together. It will be interesting to see how she responds to her new baby sister when she's actually here.
2 comments:
KATIE!! i can't believe how big emmy is and how long her hair is!!! I CANT BELIEVE IT!!! oh i am so sad i can't go to california and see new baby and emmy!
How sweet! I'm sure that having some sort of conception of a baby sister must help in actually being a big sister...right? :) I'm sure she'll be great. And I'm sure you'd be just happy to get the baby out, too! I can't wait to hear the big news!
Post a Comment