Ryan is my little social butterfly. He is always by my side and wants to do everything together. If he has to go to the bathroom, he wants me to come. If I have to take a shower and leave him on his own, he'll say pitifully, "but then I will be all alone!"
So we have been practicing with "Quiet Time" every day so that he can build some independent-play skills and so I can do really cool stuff, like the dishes. Today, after the timer beeped, I went to his room where he was playing with Legos and
he immediately said, "Guess what?"
"What?" I asked.
(Dejectedly) "Jaxon told me that you can't marry someone in your family."
"What do you think about that?" I asked.
"Bad," he answered.
"Who would you want to marry?" I asked, assuming it would be Sophie.
"You."
Awww.
And in other news, he spent a cold afternoon wearing swim trunks and jumping off of the "diving board," into the "deep end," - which I didn't mind for some reason even though it involved jumping off of furniture. I guess he just looked so cute darn cute and was in such a happy mood that I could not resist.
P.S. Also today, I pulled out some clothes for Will that are the next size up and when Ryan saw one of the shirts he said, "oh, that is ADORABLE." He just cracks me up.
2 comments:
He is SO hilarious, oh how I love him!
Ryan reminds me a lot of Joshua at that age. Joshua was upset at his daddy for a while because he married me first. I can't blame Ryan for having a crush on you... you are a terrific woman!
Post a Comment