Saturday, February 22, 2014

The pictures you don't usually see


Lest you think that everyone was all smiles and everything was fun and games during our banana photo shoot, I thought I'd post a few of the failed pictures.  Even though the kids helped brainstorm what kind of silly pictures to take for Valentines Day, and even though they were super excited to take the pictures, it was still almost impossible to get a semi-decent shot of all 4 of them together.  I can't even remember why now, but somehow, Sophie's buttons were pushed and she just lost it. Somehow we were able to get her to try again, but at that point, the rest of the kids had really gone bananas and so we just begged them to make a silly face, snapped a ton of pics and hoped that something would work.

From the very beginning, Ryan's decision that he did not like the banana hat after all (even though it was his idea), was a catalyst that set a sad tone. Emmy is already looking sick and this is only picture number 3 in the batch.

Ryan: "Yeah, Mom makes us do these crazy things every once in a while. Just do the opposite of what she says. Soon she'll start bribing us with suckers.
Will: "This banana peel is gross!"
Emmy: "Why did I think this was a good idea?"
Sophie: "No one is paying attention to me.  I think I need to throw myself on the ground."

"There, that will show them."

"Woe is me!"

And she's back, but not quite ready to look our way.  Ryan has resorted to his usual M.O.: poking and prodding poor baby Will.  Emmy is hoping if she just smiles, maybe it will all be over soon.
Will has figured out that the banana peel really doesn't taste so good.  Emmy is getting tired of eating bananas.  Ryan is realizing that these bananas could also be used as some sort of weapon!
Couldn't resist another cute shot of our most compliant child - who was still smiling at the end of it all.

"How about I throw this banana, and call it a day?"




P.S. Rest assured that no bananas from this shoot have been wasted.  I have made banana cream pie, Nutella and banana sandwiches, banana smoothies, two loaves of banana bread, and a great big batch of banana crunch muffins.  

3 comments:

Ann said...

I really enjoyed this, thanks for posting! And what a relief no bananas were wasted, wouldn't want the Banana Society breathing down your neck!

Amy said...

Hahahaha! This is so funny! I loved seeing the behind the scenes action shots and the captions fit perfectly!

Laurel said...

This was a hilarious post! I felt like I was actually there witnessing with all your great captions. Brought a big smile to my day! :)