But what I'd really like to write about is how much I love the movie "The Parent Trap." The old one . . . starring Hayley Mills. A few weeks ago, Emmy and I watched this movie together and had the most wonderful time!
Although I love the whole cast in this movie, tonight I am thinking about Verbena. What a name. I mean, really . . . have you ever known another "Verbena"? She is one of a kind. She is strong, she is funny, she is sassy, and she is smart.
Maybe it is because I have 4 children and my life feels very crazy, loud, and messy, but I find myself constantly wishing that I had my own Verbena around, helping me cook and clean and loving my kids as her own. She would probably know before I would if my kids were up to something. Plus, I would be constantly entertained as she refused to say a single word about various scandalous subjects. Yes, since watching Parent Trap, I have rediscovered the best thing to say when you really shouldn't say anything:"I'm not saying a word. Not one single word."
2 comments:
I don't have a job yet, I'll come be your Verbena, except I don't know how much cleaning or cooking I'll get done:)
Sometimes I think Grandmas are like Verbena. No one could love the kids more except the parents. A funny scene in the movie that made me laugh was the girl at camp who was disappointed she couldn't take her pet skunk home!
Post a Comment