Monday, August 1, 2011

Happy Birthday, Emmy!

This weekend we celebrated Emmy's Sixth Birthday.  For a five-almost-six year old, a birthday is a BIG deal, and her upcoming party was the topic of conversation for a long time.  We had her party at the gym where she takes gymnastics and the theme was rainbows.  This has been a big year for her!  In the last six months or so, she has learned to snap her fingers, turn cartwheels, almost do the splits, ride a two-wheeler, hula-hoop, do the monkey bars, jump rope, read and write!  She also saved 100 dollars and earned her own American Girl Doll!  (If you look closely in the pics, you'll see she is holding her!)

We're hoping that this coming year she'll learn to stop throwing tantrums when she doesn't get her way :)

Here are a few fun pictures from the day:

Sophie is SO excited to give Emmy her gift: a gumball machine charm for her charm necklace


Ashley painted this bunny for Emmy - she loved it!

Happy Donuts for breakfast

About to leave for the party - so excited!








That evening we had a double birthday for Emmy and Grandma Martin whose birthday is August 1

No post is complete without an appearance from this little guy
 

5 comments:

Emily Peterson said...

What a cute and talented little daughter you have! Perhaps someday we will meet and she can teach me how to snap my fingers and hula hoop--two highly longed after skills that I've yet to master! Also, well done on the cake! It looks delicious as well as lovely.

Ann said...

Sophie just melts my heart at her excitement for Emmy!

Summer Beecher said...

You made the rainbow cake from Martha Stewart! I saw it and wondered how it would be....was it good or more beautiful than delicious? :-)

Laurel said...

I LOVE the picture of Sophie waiting to give Emmy her present. I could just feel of her excitement as if I was there! What a fun, happy cake!! Happy Birthday to beautiful Emmy!

Rachel said...

So fun! I can't believe she's already SIX! And I love Sophie's face in the first picture. Priceless!