Friday, April 15, 2011

Kindergarten is Magical

Emmy's Kindergarten year has been simply delightful.  We love her teacher.  He is a modern day Mr. Rogers.  He starts off each morning by playing the guitar and singing with the kids.  His manner is mild, consistent, and unfailingly polite.  His classroom is welcoming and neat as a pin.  The children love him and respond to the respectful and considerate tone that he sets.

I can't believe that the end of the school year is in sight.  I feel sad.  I love that the Kindergarten is still so separate from the rest of the elementary school.  I love that the days are shorter and that even though they are learning SO MUCH, they get the chance to do really fun stuff.  Here are a few photos of all of the fun Emmy has had this year:


Emmy's class on Halloween

The Halloween parade

Singing Thanksgiving Tunes

Making a life-size gingerbread boy!

Wacky hair day

Chinese New Year - Emmy's class paraded for the whole school!


Celebrating the 100th day of School

So excited to bring Valentines to class

Celebrating Dr. Suess's birthday by wearing PJs and eating green eggs and ham

Proud to bring bird nests to share for the Spring celebration

Emmy and good friend James are ready for their Mexican dance

Dance of the Fish

James, Emmy, Jack, and Zanna are ready backstage for their dance to "Singing in the Rain"for the school talent show

They were almost as good as Gene Kelly

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Kindergarten IS magical! What fun pictures! I admire anyone who teaches young children; to do it well I think it takes love, creativity, and never-ending patience. Glad Emmy had a good one (he totally rocks that farmer outfit).