We've had a good week this week. For some reason I have been blessed with an overall feeling of contentment over the last few days. I've been more patient than normal, more laid back. We've spent a lot of time at the park lately. It makes me happy to see my children so fulfilled by the simple pleasure of being outside. Ryan happily spent his time picking up sand and pulling at grass. Sophie ran back and forth across the field in her princess dress, lost in her own imaginary world. Emmy swung herself on the monkey bars, going from one end to the other 32 times in a row. I sat and watched them, and then laid down in the sand, deciding not to care if I got sand everywhere. Ryan noticed I was lying there, climbed right on top of me and gave me big slobbery delicious baby kisses on my cheeks.
Tomorrow is Friday, the start of Easter weekend. I look forward to spending a little more time thinking about Jesus in the Garden, Jesus on the cross, and an empty tomb. I look forward to teaching this to my girls, to celebrating new life, new hope, and a world that has burst into color after months of gray.
5 months ago
1 comment:
That is beautiful. Thanks for being such an inspiration to me!
Post a Comment