Monday, November 15, 2010

And the teacher says . . .

On Mondays, Mr. Morris returns Emmy's homework from the previous week. So it was with great excitement that we read his answer to her very thoughtful question. I know you've all been dying to know if Emmy's teacher wishes he was a bird. He wrote,

"I would like to be able to fly like a bird but I wouldn't want to become a bird: I love being a human! I'd rather eat ice cream than worms."

How we laughed when we read this! Emmy was just as delighted as she could be to hear his answer. She honestly could not have been more pleased. Seeing her thrill over his response gave me a little pang. You see, I used to be a teacher. I used to be that person who would write comments for my students to mull over. And most of those kids probably didn't care too much about what I wrote. But maybe, just a few did care. And that fact is why I went into teaching.

3 comments:

Amber said...

Love this. So sweet! Miss you...

Roxane said...

That is so nice! I love teachers and I know you were such a good one! I remember how much you and Heather loved school and your teachers.

Heather said...

Such a cute story. Thanks for sharing!