I dreamed that I was sitting at Thanksgiving dinner with my husband's family, including his uncle's new and wonderful wife, when all of a sudden she announced that she'd written a new book. She pulled out a copy for each of us. The book was all about living a healthy lifestyle. As we were oohing and ahhing over how cute she looked on the cover, she pulled out a giant bag of orange M&Ms. She explained that with every diet, you need to be able to take a break sometimes and then she said something like, "I call these M&Ms 'Urgent Orange,' because when you need an M&M, it is URGENT."
So for the last few days, I've been laughing to myself about Urgent Orange M&Ms.
Today was a wonderful Thanksgiving. In addition to eating a tasty dinner with Matt's family (thanks to Jo Ann for hosting the whole thing and adding her own special touch to make things nice), we took a trip to Natural Bridges beach in Santa Cruz. This was an especially fun beach because this is where Monarch butterflies hang out from October through January. We hiked through a small grove of trees where we saw hundreds of monarch butterflies huddled together to stay warm. Every once in a while a few of them would flutter around. It was amazing! We also explored some tidal pools, played in the sand, and found little sand crabs. Emmy and Sophie ran away when I told them it was time to go. I think they seriously could have played there all day long.
We have SO MUCH to be grateful for. And I know that this is the subject that all of my fellow bloggers are writing on today, but I think that's a good thing. Because we all could use a little more gratitude. Imagine how much happier we'd all be if thanksgiving were the focus of each day. We might all be a little fatter too . . . but that's okay. We'd all be fat and happy together.
And so what comes to my mind on this day of thanks, is the soft cheeks that I get to kiss each day, every day, all day; the girlish giggles that fill my waking hours; the ice cream in my freezer; the dirty dishes that Matt does faithfully each day; a not-too-hard-not-too-soft King-sized bed to sleep in each night; music that speaks to my soul; books that feed my spirit; dear friends; family; did I mention that roly-poly smiley baby boy that I can't stop kissing?
The Lord has blessed us all. May we remember His hand in all things . . .
2 comments:
I LOVE your thoughts on Thanksgiving! Gratitude has been on my mind so much lately. It must be all the lessons we had in church the last couple of weeks. Happy Holidays!
Thanks, Roxane!!
Post a Comment