So for those of you who are curious, the answer to your question is no, we haven't had the baby yet! I have a history for cooking my babies a little longer than the expected due date. Emmy was five days late and Sophie was ten days late. There are a lot of advantages to going past your due date: more time to finish those last minute nesting projects, more opportunities to do those last fun and crazy things that you think you'll never get to do again, and the chance to answer the question, "you're still here?!" over and over again.
Nevertheless, as fun as it is to pass the 40-week mark, I'm ready to be done with this phase and on to the next. I'm excited to meet this new little stranger. I'm excited for Emmy and Sophie to meet their new baby. I'm excited to smell that new baby baby smell and to snuggle up with my own little bundle of love.
We'll keep you posted. Surely we won't have to wait too much longer, will we?
1 week ago
2 comments:
I want it to be at least a couple more days...so the babe will share a birthday with me!!! How fun would that be?? It might be selfish, but it would be cool. Great grandma de Jong for the babe, and their only aunt. It's only 3 days away!
Jared says a couple more weeks....the 14th... so that the baby can be born on his birthday! haha.
I wouldn't wish that upon anyone! (being pregnant 3 weeks longer)
--Jared
Post a Comment