Friday, November 2, 2007

Introducing . . . Sophie Ann Steiger

We got a trick and a treat this Halloween. The treat - our second adorable baby girl, Sophie. The trick? She came 10 days late!


We are so excited to have this new addition to our family. I was in labor all day on Tuesday, got to the hospital at almost midnight, and gave birth at 2:27 am! She weighed 8 lbs. 3 oz. and was 20 inches long. Her hair is shockingly dark!


So far, she has a very sweet and sleepy temperment. We can't wait to get to know her better and see what little personality emerges.


Stay tuned for more pictures . . .





























6 comments:

Rachel said...

Yay! Congratulations! She is truly beautiful, as is the rest of her family. I've been checking the blog daily for news, and I was excited to be rewarded this morning. My mom is in town, and the first thing she said was, "How can Katie look that beautiful after just having had a baby?" You really do look beautiful! Radiant and happy.

I can't wait for more updates. I hope you're recovering well, and I'm sure you're enjoying the special sweetness of your new baby girl. All my love!

Bek said...

WOW!! I have been waiting for this news. A Halloween baby is SO MUCH fun.. you know you have to have the best parties ever now...

I don't know which is cuter, Emmy in her costume, or new baby Sophie.. I am still holding out for that name for our baby (it's a girl....)...

Can't wait to see her in real life.. is that ok?

Cecily said...

I can't wait to get to see this beautiful girl! It is exciting to know you can love someone so immediately.
Planning a trip out to see the new addition.

Love you all!
Mark, Cecily and Nash

Alison said...

Katie, she is beautiful and you look great. I have been checking and checking to see if she was here yet! Congratulations.

Katie said...

Alison - thanks for looking us up! I haven't seen pics of Jens for awhile - what's your website again?

Katie said...

Rachel - THANKS! I certainly didn't feel beautiful - but it was a radiantly happy moment :)