I can't go to bed tonight without saying a little bit about my Ryan. He is just so. much. fun. We have had a great week - he is my buddy. He is enthusiastic, eager to please, conversational, cheerful, and just has a lot of personality. And did I mention what a lover boy he is?
Tonight we were playing Legos and he sat right down next to me. Then he announced, "we are sitting right next to each other because we love each other." And then he leaned in to give me a great big smooch. And apparently he is an expert on kisses because he then instructed me that we needed to turn our heads to the side so that our noses don't bump into each other. After sitting with me for awhile, he realized that he needed to bless the rest of his family with his presence, and so he'd take a turn with each person - saying, "Sophie, now it is time for your 'sit'" - or "Daddy, you didn't get your 'sit' yet!"
Also today, while playing Legos, Ryan said to me, "I like it when I can't do something and then I can do it." I love how his mind works - I love that as he sat making a Lego ship he was pondering upon the joy that comes with learning something new that seemed really hard at first. We had a great little talk about how we can do hard things.
Every time we say a prayer in this house, Ryan insists that we pray for him to grow up and to learn to swim without a vest. This week both prayers were answered (since they sort of go hand in hand.) Ryan decided he was ready to try to swim without his vest and he did an amazing job! The best part of all is just how proud of himself he is. I asked him how he was able to do it and he told me that he just didn't give up. I love my growing water baby. And when I pray for him to grow up, per his wishes, I don't tell him that in my mind I also add, "but not too fast!"
Ryan's Mother's Day card to me said, "Dear Mommy, I love you because you have prettiness, you give me food, you are soo nice, and you play with me. Love, Ryan"
I feel sooo lucky to have this little guy in my life.
| Kissing me on Mother's Day - love that pucker! |
| Ryan insisted I be a princess and he be a knight - I squeezed into this Snow White dress and he was pleased as punch |
| Could there be a happier face? |
| Proud after showing off his new skills to Daddy |
3 comments:
This post got me a little teary eyed with how adorable he is! I don't think he could get any cuter, but he always does.
He is the dearest boy! Thank you for writing this all down and sharing his delightful ways, Dad and I sure enjoyed him at Disneyland, and as happy as he was to be with us and ride those fun rides, it was so sweet to see him softly crying for his mama that first night!
Aww cute!! What a sweet boy!
Post a Comment