Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentines bits and bobs


The Best Valentine Ever
This morning I put little valentines in my girls' lunches and when I picked up Sophie from school, she greeted me with a giant smile and said, "Thank you so much for the Valentine, Mommy!  That was the best Valentine I've ever got!"



Valentine Shadows
Later, Sophie and I went to pick up Emmy.  I was holding Sophie's hand, and as we walked to the car, I glanced at the shadows we were casting and saw that Sophie was holding Emmy's hand. What a sweet shadow: I and my two girls, walking through the sunshine.  

Second Grade Love
In the car, Emmy announced that all of the boys in her class and half of the boys in the other class "like" her and her friend.  I asked her how she knows and she said that they all act "weird" around her and talk to her all of the time.

Accidental Valentine
One year, a long time ago, Matt went through a phase: he wanted a motorcycle.  (He never got it).  For his birthday that year, I gave him a Hot Wheels motorcycle as a joke.  It ended up in his bed table drawer.  Today, Ryan happened upon it and with bright eyes, asked, "Is this for ME?!"  I smiled and said, "Yes!  Happy Valentine's Day!"  He gave me a big hug and kiss, said thank you about 3 or 4 times over the course of 20 minutes, and has been playing with it ever since.


Five Minute Tea Party
This afternoon, Sophie and I made crepes and set our table for an after-school tea party.  I must say, I was proud.  The table was decked out in cute dishes, hearts, and flowers. Each child had a bowl of their own whipped cream.  Strawberries were cut, Nutella ready to be spread.  All three children enthusiastically and gratefully came to the table.  I felt so happy surrounded by my little valentines and anticipated the happy conversations we would have now that I could finally sit down.  And five minutes later, they were done eating and had moved on to wrestling.  I stayed though, and happily ate my crepes, sipped my "tea" (milk), and enjoyed a few moments to myself.  




1 comment:

Amy said...

Hahahaha! This blog is hilarious! I love your children! That story about Ryan is so funny!