Thursday, June 14, 2012

One week of summer

The first week of summer has flown by - we have celebrated simply: smoothies for lunch every day, afternoon swims, extra time for reading, time with friends . . . everyone has been happy so far, and maybe no one more than me. I love having all of my kids together and I love having an unstructured schedule. We have lots of fun plans ahead, but so far, it has been nice to wake up slow.
First day of school break = time for strawberry cream pie!

Bathing beauties, contemplating the temperature of the water

going for it!

taking time to admire a jumping bug

a warm summer night

P.S. I just read The Glass Castle - couldn't put it down. Check it out.

2 comments:

Becca said...

Your children are so unbelievably beautiful.

Ann said...

These are some fun pictures, I just love them!