Monday, October 10, 2011

To My Friends

The other day I was driving in my car, in the dark, listening to music and I remembered a good friend of mine.  We grew up together and he was always introducing me to new music.  He is the kind of friend you can listen to music with and you don't feel like you have to make conversation. Thinking of him got me thinking about so many other dear friends that I've had at different points in my life and I missed them.  

This summer, one of those friends died unexpectedly.  And so I have been thinking of those growing up years more often.  I've taken a lot of time to remember her and as I've done that, I've remembered others.  I am so grateful for the truly wonderful friendships that I have always been blessed with -- from childhood until now. 

And so my friends, this is what I have determined.  Each of you has become a part of me.

I cherish the moments we've spent together.  I love you. 

This is me in college with a few of the sweet friends I grew up with in Cincinnati.  There are a few girls that should also be in this picture, but I couldn't find one with all of us!


1 comment:

Alissa said...

I love this, Katie. I've also spent so much time thinking about her and grateful that we all grew up together.