Sometimes when we were kids we would complain in the car, "I'm thirsty!" and my dad would quickly reply, "I'm Fridee! Let's go out on Saturdee and have a Sundee!" This was often followed by more moans and groans from the back of the van. Just a little snippet from my childhood.
During my busy days and weeks, I find myself thinking of things to post about on my blog. But when I find time to sit and do it, I forget. So here I am, ready to post, and my mind is thinking about how I need to clean my room and how I'd really like to go help myself to another piece of chocolate cake.
If you ever need to bring a nice dessert somewhere, and you don't have time to make one, consider Trader Joes' Chocolate Ganache Torte. It is delicious. It is in the frozen section. It is even better with a dollop of freshly whipped cream.
I will now end my post with a few pics of what we've been up to lately:
Sophie is at the peak dress-up age right now. This is a very normal outfit for her. I even let her wear it in public because she was so pleased with herself.
So happy in matching PJs! The weather has been more fall-like this week and the kids have enjoyed snuggling up in cozy warm clothes!
Ryan continues to be the sweetest baby ever! I LOVE him!!!
Emmy practicing her grin for picture day. I showed her my dorky kindergarten picture which gave her a great laugh, and then she enthusiastically practiced all kinds of smiles.
Sophie is not happy to be taking a nap . . . but she is now sleeping in a big girl bed! I think this was her last time in her much-loved crib.
2 comments:
I love that story about your dad, in fact I think I remember him saying that!
Katie, I can totally relate to this post.
First of all, your parents crack me up! Especially your dad. I think he and George are quite similar. And my mom also says "Sundee". By the way, do you remember the occasion on which your dad said (with passion) "Then fill it up with orange juice!"? If not, I can explain.
Secondly, I have the same problem with blogging. I'm always thinking about things to post, but only end up posting about 10% of the time. So many other things to do!
Thirdly, I also adore my baby boy! I hope I can meet yours (and your sweet girls) sometime.
Finally, chocolate cake is wonderful. My sweet tooth is ever nagging me to eat more dessert.
Post a Comment