
I feel like the luckiest big sister in the world because I have three extremely nice brothers and one very sweet sister. Not only are they great siblings, but they are exceptional uncles and aunt to my girls. Last week, we were able to spend an afternoon in San Francisco with Ashley while she was on a field trip. We ate lunch and gelato and shopped around a little. It was such a rushed visit, that I forgot to ogle over her gorgeous engagement ring and I had to drop her off in a frenzy in the heart of Union Square. Still, we were glad to have even the tiniest bit of time with her. Emmy was so excited that she brought all of her toys in the trunk of the car and wore her leotard and ballet shoes.
Then, a few days later, Adam and Stephen drove over from Utah to spend a couple days with us. We played at Half Moon Bay (Stephen even immersed himself in the frigid Pacific), ate out, played lots of games, and had fun with the kids. Emmy was a bit nervous to see Stephen, since she hadn't seen him in two years. Before they came, she told me she only wanted to see Adam. But Stephen won her over quickly with his charms, and on the day they left, Emmy cried and cried, saying, "I wanted them to stay with us forever."

3 comments:
the picture with emmy and your huge brothers is the cutest thing ever. i like your siblings too:)
You know how when you don't see people for a long time that they just kind of stay the same age in your mind? Well, that kind of explains my shock at seeing your all-grown-up siblings! What a lovely family! Maybe people would visit me too, if I didn't live in the frozen tundra of the north. Hmm.
Happy Happy Birthday Katie! May this be your best year yet!
Best wishes,
Cynthia
from Matt's work
Post a Comment