If you've seen pics of my little red-head, you might think she is sweet. And she is. But she has a dark side.
Scenario: Emmy has a backpack full of items that she wants to dump on the kitchen floor so that she can put more items in. She begins to pour them out on the floor.
Me: Emmy, please do not pour all of that on the kitchen floor. Put your stuff in your own room.
Emmy continues to dump her stuff on the kitchen floor. No acknowledgement of my request.
Me: Emmy please do not make a mess in the kitchen. Please take your things to your room.
Emmy: (with a look of defiance) You clean it up.
This was how our morning began. I then told her that I would not speak to her, get her breakfast, or do anything with her until she had cleaned up her mess. When she wouldn't do it immediately, I told her I was going back to bed.
I think it took her almost 20 minutes to finally pick up her mess. At least I got to enjoy a few more minutes of "sleep."
What a stubborn little girl.
1 week ago
1 comment:
Katie-
My girls are the same way. They are very sweet, but when I ask them to do something they don't want to do-hold on-they will take me for a ride. Nicole who is 2 1/2 said to me "Mama, you a wicked witch" I have also been called ms. Hanagen from Annie. It is always hilarious. Your girls are soooooo cute!
Love Thea
Post a Comment