Friday, July 25, 2008

A Blip From My Day

Emmy needed to eat her risotto before we could leave on our outing to the park and Jamba Juice. Instead of just eating the rice, she got very hyper and started laughing hysterically. I just sat on the couch and read a book and told her I couldn't play with her until she ate her lunch. So she laughed and laughed, and climbed on me, put pillows on my head, climbed up on my shoulders, while I did my best to ignore her. She never ate the lunch and we never went on our outing. Awhile later, when she calmed down, I asked her why she had been laughing. She answered, "because you were angry." I asked, "Why were you laughing because I was angry?"
She said,

"Sometimes, children laugh when their mommies are angry."

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Your stories about Emmy always make me laugh. She sounds like a charming and precocious little girl! :) And how sad (for you especially!) to miss out on Jamba!

To answer your questions from your comment on my blog: Clara usually wakes up around 6:30, give or take a half hour or so. Fortunately, Jeremy likes to be up at that time, so he gets up, makes oatmeal for the two of them, and lets me sleep at least until 7:00 (I agree about something feeling really painful about waking up anytime in the 6:00 hour). I figure that luxury won't last all that much longer, since pretty soon I'll have a little one who will be hungry for something other than oatmeal at all hours of the day and night. Oh well; I'll enjoy it while I can.

Also, this is our seventh move in six and a half years. Stop the insanity! I figure that once Jeremy gets a tenure-track job as a professor we will probably live in the same city for the rest of our lives, so I should just look at all of the moves as an adventure never to be repeated...or something...

Rachel said...

Also, thanks for the book recommendation. And don't worry: I'm sure you have tons of fans who don't comment because they are so much in awe of your general aura. :)

Alison said...

Isn't parenting so wonderful sometimes? Jens knows that he usually gets a count of three when he is about to get into trouble--he almost always waits until three, then tries to hurry and stop what he is doing fast enough to not get a time out. They just know what buttons to press sometimes. Argh!

amber said...

i love this! what a smarty pants. Miles is still talking about Emmy ("what's Emmy doing right now?"). We miss you guys...

Ryan & Keri said...

Katie, I just found your blog via Alissa's. How are you? Do you remember me from Cincy? Where are you now? And you have two kids? How exciting! You have a beautiful family. Hope all is well. Keri Allred (McLeish)
http://ryanandkeriallred.blogspot.com