Under my belt. I haven't been near as great as I thought I would be at updating the good ole blog. Still, its been fun to make note of the moments that make up our lives. A few highlights of the last little while:
My Birthday - I felt like a queen! A surprise party, a chocoloate mousse pedicure, dinner at California Pizza Kitchen, time to myself spent blissfully in the bookstore and Banana Republic, and a massage made my day very memorable! Thank you to all who showed me so much love that day! P.S. Thanks to my friend, Cassi, I have a new love: poco dolce bittersweet chocolate tiles - topped with grey sea salt and filled with sesame toffee - AMAZING
A visit from my Mom, my mother-in-law, and my sister - roughly three weeks in a row! How wonderful to have family members love my babies almost as much as I do. Emmy enjoyed reading "Pinkalicious" with my mom and then making pink cupcakes, she had fun at Fairyland in Oakland with her Grandma Jojo, and she played at the beach in Capitola with Aunt Ashley. Sophie smiled through it all.
Sophie eating solids - thankfully she has taken to babyfood much more willingly than her older sister! She's eaten almost everything I've given her and is pleasant throughout the experience, though very messy. She grabs the spoon, then grabs her hair, puts her hands in her mouth, wipes them on her clothes - a sticky, baby mess! I usually strip her down before each meal so that she doesn't have to wear three outfits in one day. She's growing so fast! She's very tall (90th percentile), fairly slender, toothless, and bald. We think her hair looks like it may end up being blonde, though its hard to tell. She's rolling around, grabbing at everything, and loves to shriek with joy. Oh, and she's still not sleeping through the night.
Emmy is potty-trained, finally! (Expect a blog detailing her potty-training journey at a later date)
Landscaping - we've planted two trees and many other bushes and flowers in our front lawn and are having fun watching everything grow!
A vacation to the Cayman Islands! We just got back into town last night. Pictures and more details will follow soon.
Happy Summer to you all - may we all enjoy happy times this summer!!
5 months ago
2 comments:
Glad to read the updates. Sunny has been working more on our blog, so you and Matt will have to check it out sometime. Sounds like you guys have had a busy summer so far. You guys probably saw, but Piccolo is now a proud papa.
Those Steigers know how to live it up! :)
Post a Comment