Kudos to Matt for taking such initiative and posting to my blog - this is the first, and hopefully not the last time we will hear from him.
What he forgot to mention, is that six-year-old Emmy completely over-exaggerated the situation in her letter. First of all, I am almost always in support of children "singing happily" - except when that means singing at the top of one's lungs, long after light's out, while someone else (Sophie) is trying to sleep. Second of all, in this situation I did not lose my temper. I wish I could say that I never lose my temper - but alas, it has happened more than once. But in this case, I was firm, calm, and in control.
Luckily, I wrote Emmy back, put the note on her pillow, and when she woke up, she was so thrilled to have a note in response that she forgot why she was angry in the first place.
1 week ago
3 comments:
I'm still not sure I'll sing happily around you, Katie. :)
oh, you need to laminate that note and preserve it forever. that really cracks me up.
SO FUNNY!
Post a Comment