 |
| Ryan enjoying a sunny day in Half Moon Bay |
We're home. And it is good to be here. EVEN THOUGH, it will probably take me two weeks to get the same amount of sleep that I got in one . . . I am happy. Being away has given me an extra boost of enthusiasm and gratitude for the simple life I am blessed with.
This morning I awoke to smiles and hugs from the girls and a nice, long cuddle from Ryan. Being the little guy that he is, I think he probably missed us the most. When I went in his room to get him, he sat in his crib and looked back at me with serious eyes. I picked him up and he laid his head on my shoulder and just sat there. I wish I could know how long he would have sat there without making a sound. But of course a lot was going on and so I snuggled with him and then coaxed a little smile out of him, and then another, and then he was all smiles . . .
It was a happy day. I had more patience than I normally would have had when Emmy sulked because she liked Sophie's lei more than hers and when Sophie threw a tantrum at dinnertime.
I know the high of a vacation will only last so long -- but I will enjoy it while it lasts.
And I can't thank my parents enough for loving them so much and taking such great care of them! (Doesn't it look like the kids had a great time?)
 |
| This little guy brings his ball everywhere he goes |
 |
| Sophie is still a bug girl! |
 |
| The joy of jumping in the waves |
 |
| Love that Sophie has her baby doll |
 |
| cute girl |
2 comments:
I feel like I comment way too much on your blog, but Stephen said you like it so I'll keep doing it:)
I'm glad that Sophie is a bug person, she saved my life at the wedding reception:) also, love her bathing suit!
So glad you had a fun vacation and a warm welcome home. That's the best of all worlds!
Post a Comment