Monday, October 26, 2009

A Nice Mommy Moment Involving an Egg


The other day I was quickly baking cupcakes, when Emmy asked me if she could crack the egg. I've never taught her to crack an egg, and in my rush, my gut reaction was to say, "No, not now." And there would have been nothing wrong with that. But for some reason, I decided to let her try. She carefully tapped the egg until there was a perfect crack, and then when she went to open it, she just crushed it in her hands, leaving an eggy mess all over the countertop and floor. This would have been an easy time for me to say, okay, that was enough. Instead, I handed her another egg, and said, "try again." She tried again. This time, she held it over the bowl, and most of the egg, with only one shell, made it in. She was proud and she happily helped me clean up the mess.

I was glad that I let her try.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Very good mommy moment! You've inspired me, since I'm sitting here not wanting to take Clara outside to play in the snow, but perhaps I will... :)